Academic writing helpThese college and graduate guides and manuals are written by our crack team of professional academic and business writers. Use them to build strong, interesting and plagiarism-free academic assignments. Want to become one of our writers?
We are constantly looking for talented, prolific and bright freelance writers to help us build a universal educational resource for college and graduate students. Contact us with your writing samples.
Where to Look for Help with Argumentative Essay Topics on Education
What is the argumentative essay?
The argumentative essay is one where the student researches a topic; gathers evidence on the topic; and gives their position on the topic. The writer in writing the argumentative essay tries to convince the targeted reader to take the viewpoint or position of the writer on the topic. The argumentative essay requires a student to do research on recently published material or research on some literature material. A good example of the argumentative essay is one based on a scientific theory or better known as a scientific research paper.
How should the argumentative essay be written or structured?
Normally, the argumentative essay is written like any other essay. The argumentative essay should have at least five paragraphs. Here is the main structure for the argumentative essay:
- Introduction: states what the essay will discuss, states the topic for the essay, states the writer’s position regarding the topic, and gives the thesis statement or thesis question at the end of the Introduction paragraph.
- Body: it consists of three paragraphs, one paragraph for each main point concerning the main topic and the writer’s position regarding the topic, and provides evidence that will support the writer’s position.
- Conclusion: restates the thesis statement, re-phrases the main points of the essay, states why the reader should agree with the writer’s position, and wraps up the argumentative essay.
What are the best topics to write about in the argumentative essay on education?
Writing the argumentative essay on an educational topic can be easy to do. But, selecting the right topic to discuss in the argumentative essay can be hard to choose. Here are a few pointers on selecting a good topic to discuss in the argumentative essay where the main focus is education:
- A student can select a topic from the class syllabus and from one’s teacher or professor.
- A student can select a topic from current events in education from the news, online news sites, magazines, and periodicals that focus on education.
- A student can find a topic focused on education to write about from their local board of education, local parent-teacher association meetings, and local school districts.
- A student can find a topic focused on education to write about from family members, friends, and colleagues who have young children in school.
- A student can select a topic focused on education to write about based on their own experiences and a topic that is dear and near to their heart.